Via TheLadders https://www.theladders.com/job/jobboard?cr=4084773&pl=s4-T1
Job Description: 3D Character (Avatar) Developer, Orlando, FL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design graphics for a variety of delivery systems.
- Work with Instructional Designers and Programmers in the development of simulations and interactive multimedia courseware.
- Craft memorable and appealing 3D character meshes and textures
- Collaborate with designers and concept artists to create characters to embody gameplay concepts
- Work with Production and Engineering to develop best practices and pipeline processes to ensure the project’s success
- Research and identify sources for graphic images.
- Scale design efforts to meet production timelines.
- Develop visual concepts for interactive multimedia courseware and compose treatment.
- Perform work without appreciable direction.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Keep abreast of latest graphics technology and software tools.
- Must be able to obtain and/or retain a security clearance.
- Experience in modeling and texturing characters using 3ds Max, Maya, Z-Brush, Photoshop (i.e., equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- An exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy and a keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to modeling
- Expertise in developing graphics for technology-delivered instruction (e.g., web-based training, CD-ROM).
- Proficient in the latest versions of 3D graphic software programs such as 3D Studio Max, Maya, Flash, PhotoShop, and Illustrator.
- Must have strong modeling, high poly sculpting and texture skills.
- Must have a strong interest in the creation of high-res pre-rendered visuals
- Must have a critical eye and be able to flourish in and adapt to the visual intent of the project
- Ability to offer solutions to Instructional Designers, and conceptualize and produce quality graphics based on script/storyboards.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to function effectively and efficiently in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong oral communication skills and ability to work on a team is essential.
- Familiarization with ADL SCORM and ADA Section 508 compliance requirements is desired.