Assistant Professor in Digital Animation
The University of Hawaii at Manoa, Academy for Creative Media, invites applications for a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track, Assistant Professor in Digital Animation, appointment to begin August 1, 2013, pending position clearance and availability of funds. Position no. 70045.
- Teach classes, advise students, undertake creative/scholarly work, and develop curriculum and opportunities in the specialty areas of 3D Animation, Animated Filmmaking and Visual Effects;
- Develop and supervise internships, group, and individual projects;
- Undertake departmental, university, and professional service; and actively participate in community outreach;
- Develop and facilitate interdisciplinary relationships with relevant programs (e.g. Art);
- Other duties as assigned by chair.
- PhD, MFA, or suitable terminal degree in appropriate area of animation or visual effects study and practice;
- Professional experience and evidence of substantial creative work in 3D Animation or Visual Effects;
- Evidence of successful university-level teaching.
- Evidence of advanced knowledge and application of 3D animation software;
- Evidence of skills in Live Action/Animation Compositing;
- Evidence of developed drawing skills;
- Established relationships with independent filmmakers or industry content producers in either 3D Animation or Visual Effects.
- Submit letter of application that specifically addresses abilities to meet duties and how minimum qualifications are met;
- curriculum vitae (please place education and degrees first);
- graduate school transcript(s) showing highest degree received (copies are acceptable, original transcripts will be required at time of hire;
- portfolio, samples, or links to professional or scholarly work, annotated in how they address desirable qualifications;
- a list of at least five references and full contact information.
Applicants should further discuss their suitability, collegiality and enthusiasm for creating, and participating in, programs across disciplines in a highly collaborative curriculum, and their attentiveness to issues of race, gender and diversity in a multicultural society. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. No e-mail applications or attachments accepted. Application materials will become property of the University of Hawaii and will not be returned.
Send application materials to: Academy for Creative Media, Attn: Assistant Professor Search #70045, 2550 Campus Road, Crawford 210, Honolulu, HI 96822.
Inquiries: Assistant Professor/Search Committee Chair Daniel Boulos; 808-956-4456; email@example.com
Continuous Recruitment: Review of Applications will begin on December 19, 2012. An EEO/AA Employer.