Overview – you will be integral in fostering a positive and fun company culture, creating the overall aesthetic of the company, as well as helping us build our business. We’re in the earliest stages of building our company, so we need someone who can multi-task, and is a generalist in all fields of building and creating animated content. It would be helpful if you have experience in compositing live action and animation, but not necessary. A great eye for design is needed as well.
This will be quickly evolving into a leadership position, so you must be either highly experienced, or highly talented.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Work well in a highly collaborative environment with other animators, designers, and programmers, as well as the ability to communicate effectively and take direction well.
- Successfully implement character animation assets using all the necessary tools including proprietary software. Must be a technically able developer.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, covering all basic animation principles and techniques.
- It is a plus if you have experience working with motion capture to create cinematic performances that go beyond the underlying motion capture, and exude personality.
- A proven ability to create great modeling and animation sequences.
- Ability and desire to learn & assist in building internal proprietary software.
- A strong sense of composition, animation timing, and basic storytelling.
- Be adaptable, flexible and accepting of change, often tossing out ideas and starting anew.
- A current, updated reel showcasing your work.
- Have Knowledge of cinematic language and camera terminology.
- Any knowledge or experience with building educational apps for kids is a big plus!
- Advanced and demonstrated understanding of basic animation principles including squash and stretch, timing and motion, anticipation, staging, weight, and appeal. A fundamental understanding of, and desire to create animation content for kids.
- Adobe After Effects
- Motion Builder Etc.
- This is an ongoing, role in the NYC area. For consideration please send your resume and portfolio.
- Additional Information
Happy Medium’s focus is to create informative, thoughtful, and impactful media experiences for the children we are fortunate enough to interact with. Whether through apps, websites, television shows or video shorts, our promise is to never lose sight of the fact that every decision we make matters.
More Info: http://www.hppymdm.com
Apply to: Timothy Harrington