Walt Disney Animation Studios has been combining the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new characters and adventures to the big screen for audiences around the world. Constantly challenged to create innovative new technologies for animated features, theme park productions and special projects for the Walt Disney Company, Disney Animation is home to some of the most talented artists working in the film industry today.
Our teams are hard at work on our next films, “The Princess and the Frog,” directed by Ron Clements and John Musker, “Rapunzel,” directed by Byron Howard and Nathan Greno, and “King of the Elves,” directed by Bob Walker and Aaron Blaise.
We are currently have an exciting opportunity for a Character Animator to join the team at our Burbank, CA studios.
• Effectively tell the story in a meaningful way through acting and movement
• Create quality animation using digital tools for feature films and other related projects
• Work closely with Directors and Animation Supervisors in a feature film environment:
• Receive assigned shots in sequence review with the Directors providing general guidance
• Plan shots with an understanding of story/character context
• Block animation, most commonly using audio dialog track
• Clearly show performance ideas and shot blocking in Director review (animation dailies)
• Collaborate with and take direction from Directors and Animation Supervisors
• Implement changes and completely finish shots in accordance with production schedule
• Develop a working knowledge of necessary production tools
• Maintain an open and professional demeanor regarding direction, changes and shifting requirements
• Visual demonstration (DVD or Quicktime preferred) of animation that illustrates visual storytelling, believable expressions, emotional states, weight, physics, balance, appeal, entertainment, clear timing and staging.
• 2 years production experience
• Proficiency in Maya or equivalent software preferred but not required
• Background in traditional hand-drawn, computer, or stop-motion animation
• Art Background. Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art, Illustration, Computer Graphics preferred
• Degrees in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering or equivalent experience helpful but not required
To apply: Please visit https://careers.disneyanimation.com/job_groups/job_description/7.
Visit www.disneyanimation.com or follow us at http://twitter.com/WaltDisneyAnim for the latest news on our projects, open positions and more!
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.