Temporary 2D Animator
British Muslim TV is looking for a 2D animator to join our team on an 8 month contract to work on an exciting new animation series.
Successful applicants will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast paced production and have a solid generalist understanding of Flash/Adobe Animate CC, along with experience of the Adobe CC suite. Candidates should have an up to date show reel and sketch book/s that illustrate a good understanding of current animation/character/background styles. Successful candidates may be asked to perform an animation test in house to establish the candidates skill level.
You will be working as part of a close-knit, dedicated and enthusiastic team, across a variety of projects including children’s content and a pilot comedy series for broadcast TV. The role allows the candidate to have creative input into all productions that the candidate is involved in. There is scope for the selected candidate to develop their skills and to produce their own animated content once established as part of the team.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
• Creating engaging character animation for broadcast television.
• Engage in all aspects of the Animation Production Process when required.
• Able to work efficiently independently and as part of a team.
• Proficient document/file management.
Key skills required:
• Ability to use Key Frame Caddy in Flash for lip synch.
• Extensive knowledge of the Adobe suite.
• Ability to use a Cintiq drawing tablet.
• Must have an understanding of visual storytelling for animation.
• Must have a good sense of the key principles of animation.
• Must have strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail and quality.
• Ability to stay on character.
• Rig and animate characters in Flash.
• Storyboarding and Animatic skills.
• Layout skills.
• Character and Background design skills.
• Proactive and open to direction.
• A good eye for detail
• Ability to work calmly and efficiently on multiple tasks and under deadline pressure.
Ideally, candidates will have proven production experience on at least one full broadcast series. All though this is not expressly necessary. We are looking for a talented and skilled individual who is passionate and dedicated to the craft of animation.
Pay negotiable on experience. Contract 8 months.
What we need from you,
Email your job application to [email protected] , with the subject line: Job Application – 2D Animator – Your Name.
Please include attachments or links to your latest CV, showreel and online portfolio if available. Please don’t send any attachments larger than 100kb.
If not from the EU, candidates must have a full working Visa for the entirety of the contract.
Please note we aim to respond to applications as soon as possible, but responses may take longer due to a high volume of applications.
2558 total views, 57 today