24 Jul 2018
Full-Time 2D Animator
ROLE: 2D ANIMATOR
REPORTING TO: ANIMATION TEAM LEAD
- You must have a clear understanding of the show being produced. Check all materials that have been provided as reference such as model sheets, video libraries etc.
- Study scenes that are assigned to you by running through the animatic with your team lead. If there any questions or suggestions these must be relayed to your Team Lead.
- Prior to starting a scene, you must make sure that all necessary materials are present i.e. sketches, special poses, additional poses, rough animation, props, BGs, FX, specific directors notes and reuse if applicable.
- Communicate with your team lead and the Production office and Director if materials are not available.
- Ensure that you have organized your workflow enabling you to meet quotas and deadlines, any issues with this need to be flagged to your team lead and the production office.
- All animation produced must be of a consistently high standard within the confines of the schedule, with characters on model and animation suiting the style of the show.
- All character animation must include lip-sync, facial animation and full body animation where required matching the materials you have been provided with.
- For FX animation this must follow the colour and style guides provided.
- All Camera Moves must be added in Toonboom by the animators unless specified by another department during workbook/production meetings.
- All animation must be checked and approved throughout the various stages of production by your team lead i.e. Keys, Animation, Work print and Retakes.
- Retakes must be addressed as soon as possible if applicable to the highest standard.
- Back up your work as often as possible especially large files.
- Render out all animation to the appropriate work print folder for approval. These must be checked to ensure renders have completed fully and there are no problems in the Toonboom files.
- Make sure all renders are named correctly and in the correct folder for approval.
- Toonboom Manager should be used to track your workflow throughout the various stages of production.
- Toonboom Networks must be kept tidy to ensure a clear and smooth transition from departments.
- File management – Ensure work files and folders are organized efficiently.
- Ensure that all naming conventions are followed correctly and that all Toonboom files are set up correctly and in line with the established production system and requirements of Toonboom Harmony.
- Share with animation team any approved reuse or general tips on how to achieve the highest level of animation efficiently.
- Ensure that all retakes called by clients are followed and completed by the deadline given.
- Staff are required to remain current and up-date in new animation techniques.
Skills & Requirements
- Harmony software skills desirable, preferably on a long form animation series.
- A strong understanding of the Harmony animation package.
- A strong grasp of the basic animation fundamentals and a great work ethic.
- Must be able to work to a weekly quota.
- Must have good creative vision and be detail orientated.
- Must be flexible, willing to learn and self-motivated.
- Be able to work within a Production Schedule.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
1699 total views, 7 today