Freelance 3D Character Modeler
Chakrra is a Production house founded to create entertainment content for young viewers. We are putting together a talented team for our upcoming projects beginning with this pilot!
We are located in Princeton, NJ but this can a remote position for the right candidate. We would like to interview the candidate in person or on Skype (video call) if the candidate is not local to Princeton, NJ.
We are looking for 3D Character modelers to develop non-human anthropomorphic models for an animated short. These models will be of feature film quality and will be developed with an overall look, theme and style of the project.
For this role, you will need to:
• be able to think in 3D
• be able to follow design reference from concept art and other related images accurately and work within the project’s style and theme.
• be able to create complex models.
• be able to model characters, working to a good level of finish.
• be proficient in traditional soft/hard-surface poly modeling techniques
• have an exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette with regards to modeling
• have a strong sense of anatomy, character design, proportions and mechanical functionality of characters, especially facial.
• traditional art skills (figure drawing, automobiles, landscape etc.) •
• have superior eye for details with regards to light, shade, color, in creating texture maps , along with a good understanding of anatomy. Adopt human anatomical features to non-human characters.
• have a strong sense of scale, form, weight and volume
• have a good understanding of modeling with either Polygons or NURBS (Non-uniform rational basis spline)
• be able to do UV mapping
• be able to do texturing and optimizing characters.
• knowledge of the animation industry is a plus.
Software and technical skills:
•Experience with MUDBOX and/or ZBRUSH software
• Strong knowledge of MAYA
Other essential skills:
• have good problem-solving skills
• have good communication skills
• have good team-working skills
• have a “can do” attitude that is solution-oriented and willing to put in the extra effort required to get projects done on time and executed at the highest level of quality
• be humble enough to be able to take direction and be willing to address constructive feedback
• be able to work with a minimum of supervision
• be able to function as team leader, if required
• be able to deliver on schedule, working calmly and efficiently under pressure
• show respect for the procedures and requirements of a particular studio, production or pipeline
• demonstrate proficiency in technical troubleshooting and meeting aggressive performance targets
• ensure the 3D models are consistent with the defined visual style for the project.
• work closely with the Animation director and concept artists to fine tune and request additional details of the concept work.
• able to work independently or in small groups to troubleshoot and provide solutions to production issues related to asset creation and migration across platforms Work collaboratively with other artists, designers and engineers on a daily basis
Approximate Length of Contract 1-1.5 months
Number of positions open: Multiple
Please apply by submitting your resume and links to previous work.
1156 total views, 17 today