Freelance 3D Character Rigging artist
We’re looking for an experienced rigger/animator with a passion for automobiles.
A perfect Rigger candidate will be able to create flexible and expressive character rigs, have a solid understanding of modeling, skin weighting, and the principles of animation (Animation experience a plus), and work well with a team in order to complete each 3D character’s basic rig/animation. One rigger may be assigned to a single or multiple models at one time with various needs, complexity, and formats. This position combines technical artistry with strong technical skills, collaborative skills to work seamlessly in a global team.
• Work with modelers to create a model that meets technical needs to allow characters
have the look and complete range of motion required for the project.
• Experience with modeling, rigging, and skin weighting
• Design, create, test, and maintain character rigs/setups
• Develop and maintain character motion and deformation systems
• Develop new techniques and processes to solve character production challenges
• Capable of writing pipeline tools to streamline the setup process and maintain it.
• Be a part of a team, research and create solutions for all aspects of character integration
• Develop custom tools, scripts, etc. to enhance and optimize the workflow of animators, to serve the particular design goals for each project (e.g., degree of squash and stretch), and streamline the character creation and implementation through the entire pipeline
• Solid understanding of facial & figure anatomy and movement of automobiles.
• Complex character/vehicle rigging experience in Maya (in film and/or broadcast environments)
• Experience in setting up motion capture and facial capture for the characters to create better motion integration.
• Prior experience working with facial or body scan data
• Must be quality and performance driven and have a high proficiency in problem solving
• Have a proactive work ethic, capable.
• Must be able to identify issues proactively and resolve them and not afraid of big challenges.
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
• Excellent team player and should be open to collaborate with team members to achieve project’s bigger goals and meet production deadline.
• Experience working in a collaborative environment and taking direction.
Minimum of 3 years CG industry experience including extensive experience in Maya
Programming experience in Python and PyMel is recommended
Experience in VFX is a plus
661 total views, 2 today