Full-Time 3D Generalist
Engine House are looking for a creative and competent 3D Generalist to join their team in Redruth, Cornwall.
We are an award winning animation and visual effects studio set up by Mike Richter and Jason Robbins. The Guardian’s startup company of 2014, we currently operate as a core team of three, and with some exciting projects coming up we’re looking to expand this to six within the next six months. Additionally we work with freelancers and sub-contractors all round the world on a variety of different projects to expand the team when necessary. Based in Cornwall, we collaborate with national and international clients covering projects within the advertising, gaming, architectural visualisation and film industries for both private and public sector clients such as Huawei, Hachette, BBC, Sky, NHS, and Penguin Random House. Our work has been featured online, on TV, at events, and in films and games.
Working as part of a high performing team on a variety of professional projects, the ideal candidate will produce quality animations with efficiency and creative flair. Through analysing and breaking down client briefs, we are looking for someone who is comfortable taking a creative lead, and can tell engaging stories in their work, whether still or animated.
With plenty of room for growth and development, this role is perfect for someone looking to have more creative input and autonomy, allowing their skills to really shine as well as shaping their own role as the company grows.
- Extremely knowledgeable of at least one major 3D package and renderer
- Relevant professional experience
- Able to model / sculpt hard surface and organic models
- Texturing skills with either Substance, 3D-Coat or similar would be desirable
- Lighting, rendering and compositing skills a must
- Able to create relatively simple rigs, more advanced rigging would be a plus
- Ability to work in a variety of styles
- Ability to manager other artists to execute a job efficiently
- Work with the business development manager to put together pitches, budgets and schedules
- Creative thinker
- Driven and proactive; intrinsically motivated
- Degree not compulsory
- Ability to draw would be a bonus
Based in Cornwall, ten minutes from the beach, we have an extremely relaxed working environment. We are a small team so the right candidate would need to be able to fit in well. We see the location of the company as sympathetic to our ethos; perfect for encouraging creativity and enrichment of the people that live and work here.
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000.
More important than a CV for this role is to email us a little about yourself and a link to your best work. Please send the email to j[email protected]
We’re asking applicants for this job to write a paragraph on your personal goals and motivations. The more honest the better, we won’t believe you if you say you love working individually and as part of a team! Deadline for applications is Friday, March 9.
862 total views, 5 today