Full-Time Animation Assistant Professor (Faculty Member)
The American University in the Emirates invites applicants for full-time faculty (professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor).
The faculty required will be teaching in one or more of the related Specialization courses of:
– Digital Animation
INSTRUCTION LANGUAGE: English
– Develop innovative approaches to teaching and learning;
– Provide timely feedback/assessment of coursework and examinations;
– Transfer knowledge, including practical skills, methods, and techniques;
– Challenge thinking, foster debate and develop the ability of students to engage in critical discourse and rational thinking;
– Maintain and encourage academic integrity in compliance with College policies;
– To pursue research independently and collaboratively;
– Develop a strategic research agenda;
– Seek practical applications of research findings;
– Update knowledge and understanding in the field of specialization;
– Maintain a high-quality record of regular, original and internationally recognized research publications as appropriate to the field or discipline;
· Student Advising:
– To be responsible for regular academic advising and dealing with referred issues for students within own educational programs;
– Act as a personal tutor, provide advice when necessary;
· Community Service:
– Participate in arrangements for further training and professional development;
– Lead and develop internal and external networks to foster collaboration and share information and ideas, promoting both the subject in hand and the College.
All Applicant must have completed a Philosophy Doctorate (Ph. D)/(MFA) in Animation, Motion Graphics, Digital Graphics and Multi-Media by the time of recruitment.
Knowledge & Skill Requirement:
– Minimum of 2 years of teaching/ industry experience.
– Active researcher
– Ability and willingness to discern and meet the needs.
– Strong computer skills.
– Ability to learn new programs and skills.
– Demonstrates initiative and strong problem-solving skills.
– Demonstrated excellent communication skills.
– Ability to establish interpersonal rapport and relate to individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
– Ability to work with others in a collegial and productive manner.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
LOCATION: American University in the Emirates – Dubai International Academic City – Dubai – United Arab Emirates.
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status or any other characteristic.
594 total views, 4 today