Freelance Animation Director (Senior position)
We at Chakrra are getting together a team of great people for our upcoming projects!
Chakrra is a Production house founded to create entertainment content for young viewers.
We are currently looking for a Director of animation to onboard and work with our 3D character art team to animate characters for an animated short.
We are located in Princeton, NJ but this is a remote position. However, we would like to interview the candidate in person or on Skype (video call) if the candidate is not local to Princeton, NJ.
As an Animation Director you will be responsible for leading and managing the work of the Animation department on both strategic and tactical levels.
You will be a great fit if you are:
1) A master of 3D animation with a working knowledge of 3D and stereoscopic effect.
2) An expert compositor with vast experience in tracking and 3D integration.
3) Understanding of 3D workflow in most common software platforms (Cinema 4D,Maya, Moto, 3D Studio Max, Blender).
4) Open to online collaboration with artists/team members located in various time zones/across the globe.
5) Open to working on a project that will be made in a non-English language.
6) Self motivated to exploring and understanding a foreign culture/tradition.
7) Innovative, Sci-fi and automobile enthusiast.
We would like the following core skills in you:
• Thorough in reviewing, testing and commenting, suggesting improvisations on all supplied pre-production materials.
• Excellent sense of observation, attention to details.
• Good knowledge of the animation industry and its relevant professional trades.
• Provide vision and creative leadership for animation projects and animated elements of videos.
• Be confident in your creative vision but flexible and open-minded to alternate ideas.
• Drive the quality of animation at Chakrra, balancing performance, quality, and continuity, technical, scheduling and budgetary requirements
• Creative, innovative, imaginative, and have an artistic flair.
• Determine and guide narrative content and visual style of a production.
• Should be self-motivated and well organized. Motivated & committed – good team player with a can-do attitude.
• Should meet tight deadlines and work within a budget.
• Super flexible with work hours, good at conflict resolution and coordinating with team members. Be a team player.
• Humble enough/Open-minded to hear a good idea and go with it, even if it does not match their own. No reservations in reporting and receiving feedback from team members of either gender.
• Should be able to understand the requirements related to the culture/traditions and respect the nuances that need to be brought in to the project.
• Establish and maintain the look and feel/theme of animation for all characters of Chakrra’s project.
• Professional and constructive attitude under pressure.
We strongly recommend that you possess basic people management skills:
• Positive and inspiring leader.
• Great teaching and communication skills.
• Interview, evaluate, recruit, train and schedule freelance vendors.
• Should be able to keep the team motivated, help the team balance their creative desires with the requirements of the production.
• Guide, supervise, and mentor the Animation Team.
• Provide daily feedback and direction to the animation team.
• Map team members’ skills/strengths with tasks to fulfill the overall vision for a project.
• A great project manager, able to direct and implement the story, design, layout, and animation utilizing the strengths of your team. Responsible for delivering consistent performances from the animation team.
• Great at interpreting direction and communicating that direction to your team.
820 total views, 8 today