Full-Time Animation Pipeline TD
We have an opportunity for an Animation Pipeline TD to join our Studio. If you are an awesome person, want to join a fantastic team and the words tools, plug-ins and scripts bring a BIG smile to your face, then we want you to apply!
Under the guidance of the Pipeline Supervisor and the Studio Rigging Supervisor, the Animation Pipeline TD supports and enhances the infrastructure that facilitates a production’s processes and workflow.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Under the guidance of the Pipeline Supervisor and the Studio Rigging Supervisor, the Animation Pipeline TD devises and innovates methods of working through the development and maintenance of leading-edge proprietary tools, plug-ins and scripts.
• Assists in the development of the studios pipelines.
• Creates scripts allowing for automation of specific tasks.
• Maintains accurate documentation for all coding development and follows studio protocol.
• Creates and maintains technical effects/shots as required.
• Provides additional technical support and training to production teams as needed.
• Crafts innovative work flow tools to facilitate and expedite production.
• Interprets and implements notes and feedback from the Studio Rigging Supervisor, Show CG Supervisor and VP Creative Technology in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
• Interacts with IT staff with respect to operating, file and network systems issues.
• Attends regular production and departmental meetings.
• Maintains contacts with academia/industry to keep current on new research and competitor developments. Reads relevant journal/conference/technical articles.
• Delivers assignments per project’s schedule.
• Adheres to digital file management protocols.
• Supports and integrates the values of Rainmaker that being a commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism and inspiration.
• Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and clients.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent experience is preferred.
• 2-3+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
• Solid knowledge of CG Animation and/or Visual Effects.
• Demonstrable production knowledge of Python is required, C/C++ is an asset.
• Working knowledge of highend 3D software packages such as Maya, including its API and scripting is required.
• Demonstrable knowledge of UNIX/Linux, procedural and object-oriented programming languages is required.
• Previous production experience with geometry and animation caching, including Maya API and/or libraries like Alembic is required.
• Experience with character rigging and/or animation is an asset.
• Production experience with revisions control systems such as Subversion, git, or Perforce is required.
• Previous production experience with Qt is a definite asset.
• Working knowledge of Shotgun project management system, including its API is an asset.
• Experience with MySQL and/or Postgres Databases is considered an asset. As is experience with UNIX Shell scripting.
• Acquires and maintains up-to-date knowledge in the relevant fields.
• Ability to communicate and/or demonstrate ideas clearly and concisely. Practices attentive and active listening. Incorporates feedback and direction received from Pipeline Supervisor.
• Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives.
• Adaptable to change, he/she can alter course of action quickly per production needs. • • • Highly motivated, pro-active, solid work ethic and positive attitude.
• Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions.
• Efficient and detail oriented. Ability to deliver assignments on time and meet set objectives.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
262 total views, 1 today