29 Jul 2018
Full-Time Animator at Improbable
Improbable is dedicated to building powerful technology designed to help solve previously impossible problems and enable the creation of new realities. In gaming and entertainment, Improbable unlocks truly next-generation gameplay through virtual worlds of unprecedented scale, persistence and richness. In other industries, we hope to help answer critical questions through simulations that could lead to a better functioning world.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
We are a British technology company proudly building a diverse workforce, driven by a shared desire to improve and achieve extraordinary things. Were crafting technology for the future and fostering a problem-solving culture that embraces innovation through iteration and experimentation.
As an Animator you will be working within the Creative Team at Improbable creating rigs and animation cycles and sequences for demos that promote SpatialOS across a varied range of game genres.
As these projects will vary in scope, art-style, fidelity, game engine and genre, there is a need to have a high quality animation standard across many art styles. For this role we expect a dual specialisation in animation paired with rigging. In addition we look for a broad cross-discipline understanding of the fundamentals of art development in video games.
What to expect:
- Working within small teams across a wide range of rapidly evolving projects
- Working within a close-knit talented creative team to produce inspiring results on short duration projects
- Working closely with creative leads, designers, artists and programmers to develop and implement animation assets to a high quality standard
- Experience using Maya (or Max) producing animations and exporting to engine
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest animation techniques and technologies
- Hand animation background, Mocap not required
- Ability to rig and animate humanoid and non humanoid characters
- Ability to rig and animate mechanical objects, weapons and vehicles
- Experience using source control software such as Perforce/Git
- Experience working with game engines (such as Unity, Unreal or proprietary)
- A strong and diverse portfolio of different animation styles
- A self-motivated team player with excellent communication skills
- 5+ years of game animation and rigging experience
- At least two shipped game titles
- Experience working on a complex game project across a multi discipline team
- Have developed for a range of platforms including PC, Console and Mobile
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; thats why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
1764 total views, 18 today