Full-Time Automotive Artist (Lighting)
Our automotive team are on the lookout for a passionate lighting artist who has an amazing eye for realistic and dramatic lighting. If this is your natural born talent, we’d love it if you joined the crew!
RealtimeUK has an established position as a market leader in high quality, hyper-real CG imagery in the Automotive industry. We are very proud and passionate about this work, and so are our clients. So much so that we now need to expand the team – specifically in the guise of a Senior Lighting Artist with a background in Automotive lighting work!
We’re looking for a CG Generalist/Lighting Artist with at least a few years of appropriate experience in the creation of CGI assets for complex vehicle configurators, marketing imagery and animation within this sector. You should have strong technological knowledge of CG and rendering, and ideally be familiar with configuration specifications and database structures. Most importantly, you’ll have a portfolio that exhibits a good eye and an obvious passion for making cars look their best!
– Work with the Automotive Director and Senior Producer to assess the project requirements, taking creative direction and articulating requirements to the team
– Take garaged assets and create bespoke lighting / texturing solutions for each asset based on requirements from the client.
– Change the approach to lighting based on the asset – marketing image, configurator, real time visualisation etc.
– Finish assets to a photo-real quality.
– Quality check and critique work from senior / generalists.
– Work with the Senior Producer and Pipeline TD to develop, implement new processes and find solutions to CG orientated problems.
MUST HAVE SKILLS & QUALITIES:
– An interest in car visualisations and an eye for high-quality visual content.
– Good knowledge of the process of creating top tier quality lighting set ups/rigs and shaders for automotive content.
– Good knowledge of 3D Studio Max, Nuke, Photoshop and V-Ray.
– Ability to work with other artists to ensure the right assets are provided and that potential obstacles are highlighted and overcome.
– Strong compositing and finishing skills – be obsessive of the final quality.
– Quick perception and enjoy working in new processes and procedures.
– Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, being able to communicate clearly and effectively on all levels.
– Be a dynamic individual, with an ability to shift with changing requirements and deadlines, working with and assisting the team with requirements.
– Be willing to knowledge share and to develop other members of the team; and have an appetite for proactively seeking new methods and techniques through R&D in CG Lighting.
– RPManager for 3ds Max;
PACKAGE/WHAT WE OFFER: –
– Fantastic, vibrant and creative work atmosphere with a highly experienced production team.
– Excellent development studios both in Manchester city centre and the Lancashire countryside.
– State of the art equipment, facilities and software.
– Collaborative and inclusive culture –real opportunity to work across multiple areas and grow.
– Competitive salary for the Northwest UK.
– Company bonus structure.
– Company pension scheme.
– Childcare vouchers.
– Bike to work scheme.
We are really excited about having another talented artist join our team so if you have good examples of automotive work (pro or personal), with some that exhibit a knack for realistic or stylish lighting, and you love cars, then get in touch now!
602 total views, 7 today