Freelance CGI CHARACTER ANIMATOR – MID
DOODLE IS HIRING! CGI CHARACTER ANIMATOR – MID
• Doodle Productions are looking for one Mid Character Animator start 12th of March for minimum 5 weeks, until 13th of April in London, for the second series of our animated kids TV Series ‘Messy Goes to Okido’.
• Animate characters and props in scenes as briefed by Series Director and Animation Director
• Accurately follow all reference material available, including animatics, layout and launch notes
• Prepare shots for review by Animation Director and Series Director, in a timely fashion prior to deadline
• Incorporate any retakes and creative or logistical feedback as requested
• Incorporate any QC or technical fixes as requested
• Create and publish scenes which meet the technical specifications of the CG Department, to ensure all materials are ready and efficient as possible to use at all stages of the production pipeline
• Meet the animation quotas and deadlines given by production
• Must have minimum a degree in 3D CGI character animation and 3 years industry experience as an animator
• Strong knowledge of / experience using Maya
• Demonstrable aptitude for cartoony style animation and accurate lip sync
• Strong sense of posing, timing and performance
• Excellent knowledge of and aptitude for facial acting animation
• Excellent time management and organisational skills; ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines
• Excellent communication skills, including proficiency in spoken English
Desirable Skills & Attributes:
• Strong ability to focus, attention to detail and understanding of the importance of continuity
• Understanding and aptitude for comic timing and delivery
• Sense of responsibility and ownership of one’s work; meticulous nature when it comes to checking your own work before submitting for review
• Ability to take direction, eagerness to address constructive feedback and improve work exponentially
• Understanding of various production pipelines; the show incorporates 3D and 2D animation and live action backgrounds
• Proactive in seeking out new tasks and eagerness to learn from and help others in your team
• Good problem-solving skills, adaptable and positive attitude to approaching challenges
• Start date beginning 12th March, 2018.
• This is a Freelance / contract position.
• Please note that this is preferably an in-house role in our studio in East London. However, experienced remote animators may be considered if UK based.
• Candidates must have a valid EU work permit and be eligible to live and work in the UK / willing and able to relocate to London. We are not able to sponsor Visas for this project.
• Please read the job description carefully and only apply if you meet all the necessary criteria.
• When applying include your latest portfolio / showreel (ideally demonstrating cartoony style animation, movement and lip sync), CV and cover letter; this will ensure the best likelihood of a response to your application.
Please send applications to: [email protected] with the title ‘Messy Goes to Okido Animator Application’.
2147 total views, 53 today