Full-Time Colour Stylist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Do you love combining technology with your love of painting to create beautiful animated scenes and characters? Do you eat, sleep and breath colour? Do you see salmon whereas someone sees pink? Then this job might be right for you!
Supporting the Design Department and the production as a whole, the Designer will create colour keys and colour style (character and props) in the style of the show.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
– Color style Key Characters and Props as it pertains to its assigned episode, using appropriate backgrounds
– Collaborate with the Design team and Art Director to ensure continuity of character and prop colours
throughout the production
– Work with Director and Animation teams to colour additional elements as needed
– Complete work on schedule and maintain deadlines assigned, communicating with the Art Director and Design
– Supervisor regarding status of work and any problems that may arise.
Required Experience/Professional Skills:
– Illustration or traditional art skills
– 3+ years of previous experience as a Colour Stylist on an animation production
– Knowledge of drawing software including Photoshop, Illustrator, Harmony
– Strong composition and perspective skills
– Keen eye for detail and composition ( detailed oriented )
– Ability to work flexible hours if and when necessary
– Ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction
– Excellent Communication Skills both written and verbal
– Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is 9 Story Media Group an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. Along with a great work environment, we offer first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 200 artists working on award
winning animated children’s content.
If this sounds like the job for you please send your resume to : [email protected]
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.
996 total views, 8 today