Full-Time Développeur rendu senior/ Senior Rendering Developer
Please apply online: https://latelieranimation.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0f9os/
L’Atelier Animation is an animation studio that specializes in the creation of 3D feature and television series.
Founded in Montreal in 2012, L’Atelier has distinguished itself by its choice of highly creative projects to work on and its constantly evolving technological infrastructure.
At its core, L’Atelier is a place of creativity, and the studio prides itself on the talent and audacity of all its passionate artists, technicians and managers.
The Developer is responsible for the development and implementation of tools aiming to increase efficiency in day-to-day operations of both production and the studio at large. Working under the supervision of the R&D manager, the Developer is responsible for the surfacing and lighting pipelines. Their tasks include, but are not limited to, developing, implementing, managing, and supporting these services, as well as integrating them to any third-party packages. This position requires highly developed skills in software development, expertise in one or more programming languages, and the ability to create efficient, solid, and easy-to-maintain code and tools.
– Manage deadlines and production quotas outlined by the production coordinator;
– Attend R&D meetings;
– Collaborate with department supervisors (CG, modeling, texture, rendering) to determine the departments’ rendering needs and guidelines;
– Complete tasks following deadlines set by production and the R&D manager;
– Keep the tracking system updated and contribute to ongoing tasks communications;
– Maintain good working relations and conditions within the team.
– Create production software, tools, and solutions related to the different fields implicated in the construction of a 3D animation film pipeline;
– Develop, implement, maintain, and support pipeline tools (front-end/back-end);
– Integrate the required front-end and back-end pipeline services by writing PYTHON and/or C + + plugins and extensions for third-party packages used in the pipeline;
– Ensure that all metadata and call-backs are implemented correctly;
– Maximize resources;
– Detail out the tools and codes developed in written documents;
– Give training to technical directors and illustrators about the pipeline tools;
– Write PYTHON scripts required for various department tools;
– Revise the code review;
– Use source code and implement developing code.
– Once expertise increases, develop tools and shaders for the surfacing department approved by the surfacing and lighting supervisors and the R&D manager in the existing pipeline;
– Become the primary R&D support point for the surfacing and lighting departments;
– Keep coordination and the R&D manager informed of ongoing work.
– Bachelor’s degree (or any equivalent degrees) in computing, 3D animation, or work experience comparable to said degrees;
– At least four (4) years of experience in a production, animation or video game environment, or comparable experience;
– Proficiency in both written and spoken English and French;
– High understanding of production environment:
Object-oriented procedures and programming languages;
Large-scale modular digital assets management and version control;
Creation and implementation of systems in a complex library;
– Have a good knowledge of surfacing and lighting;
– Knowledgeable in cached geometry / Curve concepts (alembic);
– Adequate knowledge of production technologies, their methods, practices, and trends;
– Understand file formatting and data used in animation and VFX;
– LINUX experience (a plus)
– Third-party pipeline integration and plugin development for:
GUERILLA or KATANA (preferred) / Arnold, Renderman, etc.
SHOTGUN / TANK (preferred)
NUKE / RV (preferred)
PYTHON Scripting (mandatory)
PyQT or PySide (optional)
Revision control systems: CVS, SVN, PERFORCE, GIT (mandatory)
PYTHON development (preferred)
C / C + + (preferred)
– Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada, available to work in Montreal, Quebec.
Job Title: Senior Render Developer
Status: Permanent or fixed-term contract / full-time
Place of work: Montreal
Annual Salary: Experience-based
544 total views, 37 today