Full-Time Giant are hiring – Character Designer
Giant are looking for a Character Designer to join our Development Team!
This is a freelance, contracted position.
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but due to the high volume of applications we receive, a reply might not always be possible.
Please e-mail [email protected] to apply – please note: you must include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email. For example: ‘Application – Character Designer’.
- Work with the Art Director and artists to establish the mood, personality, and style of characters for multiple projects
- Generate turnarounds, expression sheets, individualistic poses and outfits for characters specific to the project
- See character designs through from concept to final designs
- Experience creating concept work for animation or film
- Strong illustration and design skills (preferably with a variety of style/technical abilities)
- Experience with digital art tools such as Photoshop, Painter, ect.
- Eye for composition, light, color theory, detail, and staging
- Understanding of human/creature anatomy both stylized and realistic with a knack for gesture, shape, form, and silhouette
- Ability to take conceptual idea and bring it to a final illustration/design that can be translated into both 2D and 3D worlds
The ideal candidate will be:
- Comfortable in a team environment
- Technically skilled
- Strong problem-solver with attention to detail
- A creative self-motivator
- Open to direction
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
1367 total views, 3 today