Full-Time Head of Story – Development & Current Series
Emmy-nominated animation studio, One Animation, is passionate about dynamic and impactful characters both in our content and within our team! We are an energetic, lean, and ambitious CG studio, based in Singapore and Jakarta, Indonesia, with global reach. We believe in creating entertaining animated kids’ content with heart and humor. We have created, produced and distributed Oddbods, Insectibles and co-produced Rob the Robot. Our series’ have ranked in the top 3 across 35 traditional broadcast and VOD platforms, seen in over 180 countries! Our digital following is phenomenal; Oddbods is officially one of the fastest growing YouTube channels for kids globally, with 4Bn views generated across our channels. By the time you’re reading this, we have likely surpassed our average of 15M YouTube views PER DAY as Oddbods continues to attract more views and fans every day!
This role will spearhead the creative pipeline of our animated content. Create innovative, inspiring content in all forms and durations, which connect with audiences worldwide via traditional broadcast or digital platforms, with a holistic view to benefitting One Animation’s impact and business.
This role would be best suited to someone with a strong background in writing, original content ideation, and/or storyboarding for kids’ animated content. You will need to be a strong storyteller, highly creative, passionate about kids’ entertainment, a self-starter, highly motivated, and hungry to contribute to the overall success of the company.
● Create and source new, compelling short and long-form animated ideas, driving creative insights, discussions and strategy that lead to impactful content ideas.
● Externally: cultivate relationships, source and evaluate external pitches from independent creators, seeds of ideas from unestablished creatives, children’s storybooks, and any other sources where great stories and characters can become great animated entertainment for kids!
● Internally: lead a creative team in and actively participate in generating and developing creative ideas for both digital short-form execution and longer format ideas for traditional platform pitches.
● Identify trends and the current zeitgeist to utilize in the development and creation of content that resonates and is impactful.
● Lead brainstorm sessions, writing up and distributing notes.
● Oversee and drive creative development decisions and feedback, gathering input and approvals from key stakeholders (CEO, Content Distribution, Studio Head, Licensing & Merchandising), understanding business needs and priorities and looking to drive long-term strategy and goals.
● Develop and create one-sheets and pitch bibles, working with internal artists and creatives.
● Make presentations at a senior management level and share concepts, vision and ideas.
● Oversee projects, primarily from a story and scripting perspective, from development to production, ensuring the program is consistent with best practices across all screens; meeting the agreed needs and feedback of a broadcast platform and internal stakeholders.
● Work with key stakeholders to identify individual production needs and source external talent such as scriptwriters.
Qualifications & Attributes:
● A passionate and creative visionary, with 10+ years of practical experience, with a proven track record in writing and/or developing distinctive kids’ content
● University Degree level education (preferably in Film/Media Studies, Animation, Journalism or similar) or equivalent practical experience
● A strong grasp and understanding of changing audience taste and preferences, current production trends, and a basic understanding of new technologies
● Possess knowledge and/or possess an innate curiosity for international regions and an understanding of cultural differences and sensibilities
● A highly creative ideator and storyteller
● A leader rather than a manager
● A highly motivated self-starter with strong communication and collaboration skills
● A positive, can-do attitude
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task projects at various stages of completion
Apply to [email protected]. Send your resume and cover letter (including the city where you currently reside and your willingness to relocate to Singapore or if you would ONLY consider this role if it allows you to work remotely). Please remember to include “Head of Story” in the Subject Line.
692 total views, 9 today