Temporary Layout Artist – Mainframe TV – Octonauts
We are looking for a Layout Artist for our TV series Octonauts! Are you ready to make all elements needed in a shot fully prepped and ready for animation? Can you translate storyboards into polish frames, camera angles and lighting of an animation scene? If you answered yes.. then you should apply!
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Under the leadership of the Supervisor, the Layout Artist reviews scene folders making sure all necessary assets are ready for integration into the shot.
• Swaps out proxy models for final low-resolution animation ready models.
• Checks and references elements to make sure proper versions are used.
• Cross references that shots are cut to length. Collaborates with editorial to check for continuity between scenes.
• Collaborates with Pre-visualization Artists to ensure technical parameters for accuracy such as camera angles, focal lengths and composition are met.
• Interprets and implements notes and feedback from the Supervisor in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
• Under the guidance of the supervisor, creatively plus material in order to achieve set standards of complexity.
• Collaborates with animators to ensure all elements are included and set-up as required.
• Delivers assignments per project’s schedules.
• Adheres to digital file management protocols.
• Supports and integrates the values of Rainmaker that being a commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism and inspiration.
• Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
• Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience required.
• 2-3+ years of TV/DVD experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Solid knowledge of camera composition and good sense of aesthetics.
• Proficiency in using Maya is required.
• Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely.
• Practices attentive and active listening. Incorporates feedback and direction received from the Director/Supervisor.
• Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives. Shares information and techniques with team members.
• Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work under pressure. Self motivated and pro-active. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
• Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions.
• Efficient and detail oriented.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
• Ability to deliver work on time and meet set production objectives
488 total views, 11 today