Freelance Lead Animator – Luma Pictures – Santa Monica
Are you a Lead Animator?
Luma is a leading visual effects studio that has worked on tons of blockbuster films like Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Prometheus; Academy Award-winning films including Crash, True Grit and No Country for Old Men; and numerous commercials such as A Mini Marvel for Coke which aired during Super Bowl 50. We are a crew of talented artists that hail from all over the world, who are passionate about creating mind blowing work. On top of that, we are a cool company, with cool people, cool offices, and we do cool things. Can’t beat that!
If you’re down to become part of a growing family, we’d love to hear from you.
– Actively promote and communicate sound solutions to technical and design issues related to animation
– Maintain and communicate a strong knowledge of innovative production technologies and the capabilities/limitations of these technologies as they relate to project goals
– Mentor and lead by example less experienced artists, providing them with support, guidance, and instruction in areas that provide for their artistic and professional growth
– Meet project deadlines/milestones, as set by the production department
– Actively participate in team/department meetings
– Consistently exercises sound judgment in all areas of performance
– Demonstrate a broad range of character animation and acting skills. This includes a deep understanding of the principles of animation, and how to best employ those principles to create performance that supports both the characters and story goals of the show.
– A solid grasp on the principles of motion, timing, anticipation, follow-through, squash and stretch, forward/inverse kinematics, and other facets of both 2D and 3D animation
– Good understanding of the principles of cinematography including use of lenses, positioning and moving the camera, etc
– Exceptional skill in animating the human bipedal figure as well as other organic forms
– Strong technical mind
– Great creative sensibilities
– Ability to take direction and a willingness to address comments and make changes
– Ability to communicate with colleagues and work as part of a team
– Knowledge of Maya required
– Must be a team player
– A ‘get it done’ attitude
– Willingness to learn new things
– Assist production in other parts of the pipeline if needed
– Experience with RV and Motion Capture
– Any additional software knowledge or skill sets
– Location, location, location – 1 block from the beach
– Full healthcare benefits
– Paid sick days (cough!)
– Ping pong & arcade machine
– Multiple studio doggies
– A dedicated culture team that plans fun, rolls out fun & has fun!
– Mates, not colleagues
If this looks like you, please apply here: http://www.lumapictures.com/job-detail/?job_id=9aaa3c75-d36f-48cd-bf06-e6671fe5e34e
1035 total views, 18 today