Full-Time Modeling Artist – Unannounced Title
We are looking for an experienced Modeling Artist to join an upcoming project at Rainmaker / Mainframe Studios! This is a perfect opportunity for an artist who has a couple of projects under their belt and is passionate about turning 2D designs into 3D objects. Does this sound like you? Then we want to hear from you! Under the guidance of the Director and/or Modeling Supervisor, on a CG animated film, the Modeling Artist builds digital assets including: characters, sets, props, vehicles and organic elements with the goal of creating 3D models that support a project’s story based on its defined style.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Translates 2D designs into 3D objects.
• Based on assigned area of expertise, constructs character models, vehicles, props and/or environmental models in alignment with the determined creative style and direction of a project.
• Collaborates with designers, riggers, surfacing artist, animators and technical directors in order to facilitate optimal shot production while adhering to the schedule and quota fulfillment.
• Collaborates with rigging team to set up articulation points for animation.
• Collaborates with surfacing artists to ensure models match aesthetic and creative requirements of the projects overall look.
• Collaborates with animation team to ensure models are structured in such a way to achieve intended performance requirements.
• Interprets and implements notes and feedback from Director(s) and/or supervisors in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
• Adheres to digital file management protocols.
• Aligns and engages with the values of Rainmaker: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
• Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
• Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is preferred.
• 2-3+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
• Ability to work with polygonal, NURBS and subdivision topologies to create surface models ranging from highly stylized cartoon characters to photorealistic fantasy creatures.
• Working knowledge of human and animal anatomy, physical motion, weight, balance and form.
• Experience in 3D animation and rigging preferred.
• Proficiency in using Maya, Mudbox and ZBrush is required.
• Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives.
• Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work under pressure. Self-motivated and pro-active. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
• Efficient and detail oriented.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
• Strong verbal and presentation skills with the ability to communicate ideas clearly.
• Practices attentive and active listening. Shares information, methodologies and ideas with others. Incorporates feedback and direction received from the Director/Supervisor.
• Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions.
• Ability to deliver work on time and meet set performance objectives.
Please apply using the link below:
298 total views, 10 today