Freelance Motion Designer / 2D Animator
Role: Motion Designer / 2D Animator
Compensation: Competitive pay based on experience.
Location: Mixed – Remote & In-house. The office is in Tucker, GA.
Type: Contract, 20 – 30 hours a week, Flexible Schedule
Contract Term: July 16th – November
Application Deadline: July 7, 2018 @ 11:59PM EST
– Understanding of limited animation
– Proficiency in Adobe After Effects 2D Animation and Rigging, and Adobe Illustrator Asset Creation.
– Basic ability to draw and match styles. Very simple illustrations!
– Basic ability to create an animation storyboard. Very simple illustrations!
– Keen sense of rhythmic timing. This is for music videos, so you must stay on beat.
– You will be required to work remotely most of the time, so you will need to have access to a computer that can run Adobe After Effects and Illustrator. We can provide you with software licenses.
– Ability to adapt to a team environment with a “can-do” upbeat mentality.
– Experience working directly with clients is a plus
Create animated music videos for live installations using Limited 2D Motion Design Animation, simple characters and design, and a limited color palette. Because you will be using very simple elements, it is important that you possess a keen eye for detail to catch technical nuances. You will be required to work from the Tucker, Georgia office for training (5 – 10 days depending on your ability to learn), then you will be able to work remotely and come in for periodical check-ins. You can work whatever hours you like as long as your tasks are completed on time.
How to Apply:
1. ) Complete ALL the questions on this form accurately (http://bit.ly/MotionApplication). There are only 10 questions, and they will be reviewed thoroughly by our team. Please be mindful that your responses will help us estimate your appropriate pay rate.
2.) Then email any additional work samples and questions to [email protected] with the subject “Motion Designer / 2D Animator”. Your ability to follow instructions is very important. If you do not use the EXACT subject heading in your email, we will not receive it. ONLY email relevant work! We are only interested in examples of Motion Design, Limited 2D Animation, Animated Music Videos, Vector Illustrations, and Style Matching.
* Due to the high volume of submissions, a feedback cannot be given to every applicant.
Candidates are selected based on a combination of their portfolio strength, ability to meet job requirements, and how well they fit with the current team. On July 7th, all applications will be reviewed. Top applications will receive an animation test due July 10th. Top animation tests will be interviewed virtually by My Animation Life on July 11th. The final applicants will have an in-person interview at the studio in Tucker, Georgia where they will meet the other team members and tour the facility on July 13th. Work begins on July 16th.
About My Animation Life
My Animation Life (MAL) is an animation resource and staffing agency dedicated to the career advancement and portfolio enhancement of artists in the animation industry. From animation celebs to basement geniuses, MAL recruiters uncover talented individuals from every aspect of the animation production pipeline. Through utilization of the MAL database, hundreds of artist are categorized to fulfill the needs of any animation-related project. Offering everything from Georgia’s most inclusive animation map and calendar to portfolio reviews and workshops, MAL provides hands-on career path planning to artists at every stage.
Instagram/Twitter: @MyAnimationLife #MyAnimationLife
1333 total views, 3 today