Full-Time Motion Graphics Designer – Junior level
Motion Graphics Designer – Junior Level – (Salary £22K to £24K)
For twenty years, boutique London agency Eye-D Creative has been connecting businesses and brands to consumers, with their strategy-led, integrated approach to Design, Art Direction, Print, Digital and AV marketing, and Editorial Content.
Our broad client roster covers everything from start-ups to blue chip brands, including some of the biggest names in sport and entertainment, like the FA, 2K, King, Universal Pictures, and Warner Bros.
A big part of what makes us special is the blend of experience and talent in our multi-skilled and tight-knit team.
We’re looking for a JUNIOR MOTIONS GRAPHIC DESIGNER to join our team. You’ll need to have a diverse portfolio, a willingness to learn and a passion for graphic design.
An interest in gaming (console / PC / mobile) would be a definite advantage, as a growing volume of our work lies in this exciting field.
You’ll be expected to hit the ground running, and manage deadlines deftly. But we expect you to be learning as well as contributing, so there’ll be plenty of support on hand from some of the best and most widely experienced designers in the business.
Any tea-making is done on an entirely voluntary basis.
As a JUNIOR MOTION GRAPHICS DESIGNER, you will be ready to develop your existing skills by working with the senior creative staff on a range of challenging, ambitious and innovative projects. To succeed in this role, you’d need skills and experience in vector animation, 2d, 2.5d and of course high level of proficiency in Adobe After Effects and it’s plug-ins, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Knowledge or the willing to learn Cinema 4D is a plus. The role may include recording gameplay footage on a daily basis.
**IMPORTANT** Portfolio and/or demo (required) featuring a variety of styles.
You must have a good working knowledge of the following tools:
– After Effects CC – good level of composition skills required
– Adobe Premiere – basic to mid level skill required
– Photoshop – basic to mid level of skill required
– Illustrator – basic to mid level of skill required
As well as your motion graphics animation skills, communication will form a big part of your job in-house. You must be confident enough to contribute to the creative process from concept to delivery, and able to present your ideas with clarity.
You must have your finger on the pulse of current trends and be able to reflect that in your work and ideas.
– Work closely with the animation lead/supervisor to create high standard of animation for Web and TV.
– Offering input to creative meetings. Sharing and developing new ideas. Collaborate across discipline (Production, Graphic designers, Editors, Audio and Music, 2d animators) to deliver projects.
– Required to capture mobile gameplay footage on a regular basis.
– Design and create motion graphics and visual elements in a variety of styles mixing 2D, 2.5D and 3D.
– Focus on compositing scenes and characters that would’ve been animated by the 2D animators, designing new assets in photoshop, illustrator or C4D, producing special effects, backgrounds, and scene transitions, bringing creative ideas and concepts to life.
– Capable of using Premiere for editing and adding audio for animatics and final outputs.
– Must communicate well and be willing to take notes and direction, under tight deadlines.
– Liaising with other team members to troubleshoot and problem solve.
– Supporting the team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects.
– A strong eye for composition
– An understanding of typographic and graphical layouts.
– Strong understanding of 2D, 2.5D, experience with C4D and/or Maya a plus.
– A good understanding of video editing, and experience using editing tools e.g. Premiere.
– Video encoding and an interest in the technical side of video production.
– Experience using AE Puppet Tool a Plus.
– Interest in Film & Video Games.
– Ability to problem solve and predict problems with assigned tasks.
– Generate new ways to tell stories, through various animation techniques.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Solid knowledge of animation trends and latest plug-ins.
– Creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense.
– Adept in Apple OS.
– Adeptness with leading design software packages.
– An ambitious and determined outlook.
– The ability to meet deadlines in a high pressure environment.
– Experience of working as part of a team and independently, self motivated and proactive.
– The ability to see projects through from concept to creation.
– Consistent attention and passion given to projects large and small.
– Good organisational skills and a team mentality.
– The motivation to maintain and improve animation standards.
– A willingness to listen to feedback and take it on board.
We’re not a team that’s constantly fire-fighting, but things do get frantic every now and then. As a JUNIOR MOTION GRAPHICS DESIGNER, you may need to pull some odd hours, so a flexible approach to timekeeping is sometimes required. When the job needs it, we all jump.
A BA (hons) degree in Motion Graphics, Visual Communication or similar.
To apply, please email [email protected]
Sorry, but due to the high volume of applications, only prospective interviewees will be contacted.
788 total views, 10 today