29 Oct 2017
Full-Time Nickelodeon Animation is looking for a Character Designer
- Nickelodeon Animation is looking for a Character Designer for its upcoming, 22-minute, 2D Animated series Glitch Techs. This is an action-comedy show and while the visual style will be fun and whimsical, the Character Designer will be expected to be fluent in human anatomy. Highly recommend referencing the book Force: Dynamic Drawing for Animators by Mattesi, as well as portfolios of character designers working in feature animation and high-end Anime. If you’re fairly confident that you could have been hired to design characters for Nickelodeon’s Avatar and The Legend of Korra, then you are what we’re looking for.
- Receive & understand Character Design assignment from Art Director/Design Supervisor.
- Ask appropriate questions to understand & complete the task.
- Review Storyboard to ensure continuity of character designs.
- Complete all character designs.
- Make any changes or revisions and re-submit to Art Director/Design Supervisor for approval.
- Communicate with Design Supervisor & Production Manager regarding status of work and any problems that arise.
- Ensure quality & style of show is achieved.
- Complete work on schedule.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in style of show
- Strong character design and construction/mechanical skills
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn applicable design software and hardware.
- Strong time-management skills
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to multitask a plus
- Relevant drawing experience necessary
- BA in Fine Arts or equivalent work experience highly desired
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE).Viacom provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, age, veteran or disability status, or other protected status.
3586 total views, 82 today