Full-Time Previs Animator/ Layout
JOB DESCRIPTION: Previs Animator Job Summary
The Previs Animator is responsible for working with the supervisor to produce previs shots and sequences that help to support the directors vision via appropriate use of camera movement, lenses, composition, staging, lighting and editing.
• Create sequences of shots from storyboards and/or script pages to enhance story
• Animate characters, creatures, props, and vehicles.
• Possess a strong sense of composition, color, and animation timing.
• Establish character blocking, camera positioning and animate camera movement.
• Create scene lighting that complements the shot and matches the sequence.
• Understand cinematic language, camera terminology and have the ability to use motion blur, depth of field and other effects, to create realism.
• Clean up and accentuate mocap animation.
• Tweak and alter basic models and textures to complement shots.
• Composite and track shots to integrate all the layers, including live-action and computer
• Understand shot continuity of sequence to help guide shot creation
• Work well on a team and successfully take direction from a supervisor.
• Adapt quickly and accept change – often have to toss out ideas and start fresh.
• Maintain high consistent standard of quality and speed.
• Strong aesthetic sensibility
• Demonstrated proficiency using Maya, Photoshop and After Effects.
• Bachelor’s degree in design, digital art or animation is highly desired.
• Strong artistic eye and ability to adapt to a variety of aesthetic styles.
• Knowledge of muscular and skeletal anatomy of both humans and animals.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, enabling effective work in a team
• Ability to implement changes based on input from multiple sources.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to multi‐task, work under pressure, and hit deadlines in an effective and
Application Guidelines: When applying for a position at Hinge, send an email to [email protected] with your name and the position title in the subject line. Please include a link to your reel online, and attach your cover letter, resume, and reel breakdown in PDF format.
795 total views, 1 today