Full-Time Previs Layout Supervisor
Cinesite Vancouver Inc. is looking for Previs/Layout Supervisor to help us embark on a new feature film project. The Previs/Layout Supervisor is a key leader who is responsible for creating the previsualization of the film and refining the final camera and composition of shots.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Oversee the team which creates sequences of shots that convey the story through the application of traditional filmmaking principles in a 3D computer environment.
● Establish character blocking, camera positioning and animate camera movement.
● Work with storyboards to create and enhance story through cinematic layout of shots.
● Work collaboratively with the team and Directors to ensure that the Previz/Layout team adheres to the vision set out by the Directors and the final storyboards.
● Work collaboratively with the coordination and supervising teams to ensure that the Previz/Layout team establishes shots and assets to the look, scale and composition standards set out by the various departments in order to help maintain scheduled deliveries.
● Establish the initial shot manifest as it is handed off to the animation department, taking careful consideration of continuity and applying very restricted use of ‘cheats’
Required Skills & Experience:
● 5+ years of proven supervisory experience in feature animation and/or visual effects production.
● Expert in Maya with proven experience with cameras, camera rigging and modern previs tools.
● Expert in storyboard interpretation.
● Solid understanding of cameras, staging, composition, perspective, pacing, timing and general filmmaking concepts and terminology.
● Ensure that artists work collaboratively, taking direction and feedback appropriately.
● Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
976 total views, 20 today