Full-Time Rigging Lead
Flying Bark Productions is an independent producer with an impressive legacy of creating iconic entertainment since 1968. We’re a full-service production facility across feature films, television and a diverse range of digital content both short-form and longer-form. Specialising in creating for both our own IP and high-end service projects.
Taking great ideas, incredible stories and compelling characters from concept through to red-carpet premiere is our passion. With some of Australia’s most experienced development, production and technical teams, we bring both dynamic creativity and reliability to every production.
Are you known for your creativity, precision and eye for detail? We’re looking for an experienced Rigging Supervisor to join our vibrant studio in Camperdown, Sydney!
This is an opportunity to really shape our Rigging workflow for current and potentially future projects, ensuring we have a highly versatile character rigging system and animation interface.
• Create animation control rigging systems for complex characters and props using Maya;
• Establish a practical and efficient workflow for rigging within the company pipeline;
• Consult with the director and animation director to produce rigs to a high standard with a thorough understanding of controls and deformation;
• Oversee the characters, vehicles and props rigging through the animation pipeline;
• Have an excellent knowledge of Maya and rigging workflows through all departments to final delivery;
• Provide support to, & troubleshoot for, users (Technical directors and animators) who make use of the rigged assets;
• Creation, revision, maintenance and support of the rigged assets, responding to guidance and review notes from the director as well as creative and technical supervisors;
• Ensure that rigged assets meet standards and specifications with respect to appearance and aesthetics, user interface, performance, robustness & technical benchmarks;
• Strong interest and ability in solving creative and technical challenges;
• Development of tools and plug-ins to optimise animation and rigging workflow;
• Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work;
• Mentor other riggers and instruct them in following your workflow and deploying the rigging methodology.
Skills and Experience:
• Good knowledge of anatomy and a thorough understanding of biomechanics, kinesiology for humanoids and animals.
• Thorough understanding of weighting and skinning, and be able to work interactively with modellers to resolve challenges.
• Good communication skills and ability to work interactively with the rest of the team.
• Ability to rig characters/objects in a realistic or cartoon manner.
• Up to date and in depth knowledge of Maya, MEL and Python scripting skills.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Senior Rigger and at least 1 year as a Lead Rigger.
• Strong production experience
• Ability to write pipeline tools to assist in streamlining the setup and pipeline process.
398 total views, 9 today