Full-Time Rigging Supervisor
Cinesite Vancouver Inc. is seeking a Rigging Supervisor for an exciting new feature film project, The Addams Family! The Rigging Supervisor will oversee the development and maintenance of the studio’s proprietary rigs and ripping pipeline.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Oversee the Rigging team to build robust character rigs to Theatrical Feature standards.
● Partner with the Animation team to maintain, test and improve existing rigs and RnD new techniques for future rigs.
● Maximize the use of existing assets while developing a flexible framework for future projects.
● Work with the Pipeline TDs and Animation Supervisor to develop and maintain rigging scripts and animation tools such as pose library and animation utilities for automating workflow.
● Assist Animation Department with shot specific technical issues.
● Develop crowd system to speed up layout and animation of highly populated shots.
● Evaluate and recommend tools/plug-ins or software to help improve production output.
● In collaboration with the Look Dev, CFX and Lighting Supervisors, ensure that rigged assets meet simulation, shading and lighting standards and that any requirements by said departments are met.
● Provide accurate bid days and resource requirements to accomplish expected tasks on time and budget.
● Attend regular Production Meetings prepared to represent issues and concerns as required.
● 5+ years of proven supervisory experience in feature animation and/or visual effects production.
● Thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to character rigging and animation.
● Understanding of puppet and control philosophy.
● Excellent understanding of anatomy, volumes and masses, dynamics and character motion.
● Excellent understanding of the animation process, from storyboard to modelling to texturing, animation and rendering.
● Production knowledge of Maya, Python and MEL required.
448 total views, 3 today