Full-Time Rigging Supervisor
Rainamker / Mainframe Studios is currently on the lookout for a talented Rigging Supervisor to join our team! You will be responsible for overseeing the Rigging Department and working with the Studio CG Supervisor to drive pipeline development. You will support show Supervisors, provide mentorship for Rigging Department resources, and all the while, ensure quality standards are met. Does this sound like you? Then keep on reading!
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
– Supervises the development of the rigging pipeline for film and TV productions. Identifying targets/goals to accomplish the desired results.
– Oversees the successful build of all rigs, for each production.
-Supervises the development of leading-edge proprietary tools/plugins/scripts used in CG production.
– Evaluates and recommends relevant external plugins/scripts.
-Reviews rigging related production schedules and materials with Lead Rigging Artists.
-Continuously communicates with key stakeholders and team members any relevant information that assists in providing a clear strategy moving forward or helps with decision making.
– Oversees all of the technical requirements of a specific production; works with producers, directors, and department supervisors to determine these needs.
– Evaluates any issues that may arise in the rigging and weighting of creatures, and mentors Rigging Artists in finding efficient and effective solutions.
– Implements and maintains methods for rigging, modeling geometry and weighting that meet production requirements and quality standards.
– Works in consultation with the Studio CG Supervisor to ensure department resources are utilized efficiently and managed effectively across productions in order to meet production needs.
– Works with the Lead FX Artists to assure the FX department’s needs are met.
– Works with the Lead Rigging Arists to assure the Previs, Layout and Animation department’s needs are met.
– Assists in identifying when recruiting is necessary in accordance with Production schedules and budgets.
– Conducts weekly check-ins with Lead Rigging Aritsts and Production Coordinators to ensure resources are tracking to schedule.
– Works with the Studio CG Supervisor in conducts employee performance reviews; recommends title changes as required.
– Assists in training for new hires when necessary.
– Attends regular production and department meetings.
– Maintains contacts with academia/industry to keep current on new research and competitor developments.
– Reads relevant journal/conference/technical articles.
– Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is required.
– Advanced degree in Computing Science, Mathematics, Physics or related disciplines an asset.
– 6+ years production experience.
– Prior experience managing a large group within a supervisory role.
– A thorough understanding of geometry creation, weighting and skeleton rigging and simulations.
– Clear understanding of character rigging methodologies and good understanding of automating processes for animation rigging.
– Anatomical knowledge is a necessity.
– Must be able to work within the imposed budget and schedule constraints.
– Deductive methodology with proven application of problem solving skills.
– Creative troubleshooting and problem solving skills involving both hair and cloth.
– Ability to create scripts to assist in the animation process.
– Thorough knowledge of CG Feature Animation or Visual Effects.
– Production knowledge of Maya, Python and MEL required.
– Thorough knowledge of UNIX/Linux, procedural and object-oriented programming languages.
– Good artistic skills; demonstrable ability to make creative and aesthetic judgment calls.
– Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
Apply via our website here: http://www.rainmaker.com/?/site/careers/295/34
1024 total views, 19 today