Full-Time Senior Pipeline TD – Cinematics
RealtimeUK are expanding, and now we are on the hunt for a talented, experienced and driven Senior Pipeline TD to join the studio and be the custodian of all the pipelines and workflows in our cinematics division. This is a rewarding, highly responsible and ambitious role – plus we’re looking to hire quickly!
As Pipeline TD for RealtimeUK you will provide technical support for our cinematics team. You’ll identify a wide variety of software or technical possibilities to assist both production teams, single out issues, and implement necessary solutions. You will be able to create specific job setups for various tasks and provide education on them throughout the production team at all skill levels. You will be a custodian of technical needs, improvements and advancements across the whole studio, helping to keep RealtimeUK on the leading edge of pipeline technology.
* Take ownership to create, maintain and extend parts of our pipeline.
* Research, develop and lead innovative ways to improve and advance our pipeline with new tools and scripts.
* Design and develop tools and interfaces through hands on software engineering & scripting, optimise internal efficiencies, producing systems that are both reusable and scalable.
* Liaise with production to update and determine pipeline requirements, goals, and challenges.
* Provide direction and guidance on tools and interfaces to the team, communicating and delivering a roadmap for the pipeline/workflow in line with technical and artistic requirements.
* Proactively engage in R&D on new tools, processes & features to stay on the leading edge of new developments in the industry.
* Strong knowledge of 3DS Max, VRay and Nuke.
* Advanced skills in software engineering/debugging.
* Strong knowledge of Python.
MUST HAVE SKILLS & QUALITIES:
* Good understanding of Max Script
* Tools design, development and maintenance experience in a similar field.
* Ability to designing complex reusable systems, while optimising the existing codebase.
* Knowledge and experience using databases, unit testing tools and build management systems.
* Ability to integrate Shotgun into a pipeline.
* Ability to research, implement and modify existing techniques
* Experience documenting pipelines and tools, and providing guidance to art and technical teams.
* Experience working in CG, Games or Visualisation industries.
* Understanding of moving data through the pipeline – sharing data between different software
* Knowledge of real time game engines (especially Unreal Engine, Lumberyard and Unity).
* Solid 3D Maths.
* Automotive experience, possibly Deltagen, for emergency cover only.
PACKAGE/WHAT WE OFFER:
* Fantastic, vibrant and creative work atmosphere with highly experienced people.
* Excellent development studios both in Manchester city centre and in UK countryside.
* State of the art equipment, facilities and software.
* Collaborative and inclusive culture – real opportunity to work across multiple areas and grow.
* Strong and competitive salary for the Northwest UK.
* Company bonus structure.
* Company pension scheme.
* Childcare vouchers.
This is a vital role for us and we are really eager to speak to both experienced candidates who have the background, or those looking to make the step up into this sort of position.
620 total views, 5 today