Full-Time Senior Rendering Developer
To Apply: https://latelieranimation.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0f9os/
Job Title: Senior Render Developer
Status: Permanent or fixed-term contract / full-time
Place of work: Montreal
Annual Salary: Experience-based
L’Atelier Animation is an animation studio that specializes in the creation of 3D feature and television series.
Founded in Montreal in 2012, L’Atelier has distinguished itself by its choice of highly creative projects to work on and its constantly evolving technological infrastructure.
At its core, L’Atelier is a place of creativity, and the studio prides itself on the talent and audacity of all its passionate artists, technicians and managers.
The Developer is responsible for the development and implementation of tools aiming to increase efficiency in day-to-day operations of both production and the studio at large. Working under the supervision of the R&D manager, the Developer is responsible for the surfacing and lighting pipelines. Their tasks include, but are not limited to, developing, implementing, managing, and supporting these services, as well as integrating them to any third-party packages. This position requires highly developed skills in software development, expertise in one or more programming languages, and the ability to create efficient, solid, and easy-to-maintain code and tools.
– Bachelor’s degree (or any equivalent degrees) in computing, 3D animation, or work experience comparable to said degrees;
– At least four (4) years of experience in a production, animation or video game environment, or comparable experience;
– Proficiency in both written and spoken English and French;
– High understanding of production environment: Object-oriented procedures and programming languages; Large-scale modular digital assets management and version control; Creation and implementation of systems in a complex library;
– Have a good knowledge of surfacing and lighting;
– Knowledgeable in cached geometry / Curve concepts (alembic);
– Adequate knowledge of production technologies, their methods, practices, and trends;
– Understand file formatting and data used in animation and VFX;
– LINUX experience (a plus)
– Third-party pipeline integration and plugin development for: MAYA (optional), MARI (optional), GUERILLA or KATANA (preferred) / Arnold, Renderman, etc., SHOTGUN / TANK (preferred), NUKE / RV (preferred), PYTHON Scripting (mandatory), PyQT or PySide (optional), Revision control systems: CVS, SVN, PERFORCE, GIT (mandatory), PYTHON development (preferred), C / C + + (preferred)
470 total views, 7 today