Full-Time Storyboard Artist – Unannounced Title
We are looking for experienced Storyboard Artists to join an upcoming project at Rainmaker / Mainframe Studios! This is a perfect opportunity for an artist who has a couple of projects under their belt and is passionate about drawing and translating the story into a visual medium. Does this sound like you? Then we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities and Duties
• Under the leadership of the Head of Story and/or a Senior Storyboard Artist, a Storyboard Artist, using designs, translates script pages into storyboard panels.
• Creates story sequences that reflect the emotional, action and or comedic intent of a scene/sequence.
• Actively participates in brainstorming sessions to come up with story, emotional and comedic ideas.
• Strong abilities to use staging, shot composition, screen direction and cutting for effective storytelling.
• Focuses on continuity from shot-to-shot in his/her assigned sequence in addition to collaborating with other story artists to ensure continuity from sequence to sequence.
• Depending on the project’s requirements, the Storyboard artist generates artwork ranging from thumbnails to digitally enhanced final storyboard panels.
• Collaborates with editorial to provide materials be cut into the story reel.
• Collaborates with pre-visualization artists to ensure a smooth transition into 3D.
• Interprets and implements notes and feedback from Director(s) and or Head of Story in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
• Adheres to digital file management protocols.
• Aligns and engages with the values of Rainmaker: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
• Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
• Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is preferred.
• 2-3+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
• Strong drawing skills with the ability to capture character action, emotion and attitude through storyboard panels.
• Excellent storytelling skills.
• Solid knowledge of film grammar, shot composition and cinematographic tools and their use for optimal storytelling.
• Ability to adapt to a variety of styles ranging from cartoony to realistic.
• Experience with digital storyboarding tools.
• Strong verbal and presentation skills with the ability to communicate ideas clearly.
• Practices attentive and active listening. Incorporates feedback and direction received from the Director/Supervisor.
• Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives. Shares information and techniques with team members.
• Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work under pressure. Self-motivated and pro-active. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
• Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions.
• Efficient and detail oriented.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
• Ability to deliver work on time and meet set performance objectives.
Please apply using the link below:
486 total views, 26 today