Full-Time Storyboard Artists – TV Studio
We are recruiting for the role of Storyboard Artist. This role involves working as part of our Storyboard department and liaising closely with other artists as well as the Storyboard Supervisor, directors and other relevant departments.
• Read and develop a full understanding of the script in order to develop the storyboard objectives.
• Discuss the storyboards with the director and following their notes as required.
• Address any problems with the director/supervisor; ask necessary questions.
• Communicate progress of work to Storyboard Supervisor and to appropriate production staff.
• Ensure quality and style of show is consistently achieved in storyboard work.
• Complete first pass of storyboard within clearly defined timeframes.
• Clean up storyboard taking into account client and director’s notes.
• Follow proper document management requirements (i.e., file naming and storage) according to the production’s guidelines.
• Meet all deadlines as determined by the director or Storyboard Supervisor.
• Attend and contribute to relevant meetings and pitches as needed.
• 3- 5 years storyboard experience and/or training on a similar show; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong understanding of storytelling in storyboard format.
• Must have strong drawing skills – character posing and acting, also location layouts.
• Must demonstrate proficiency in style of show.
• Knowledge of Storyboard Pro software version 5.5 and willingness to learn other applicable design software and hardware.
• Ability to carry out re-takes on own storyboards.
• Strong time-management skills.
• Ability to multitask a plus.
In case of freelancing, own license for StoryBoard Pro version 5.5 is required.
Boulder Media is an equal opportunities employer.
2599 total views, 5 today