Full-Time Storyboard Director – Fashion Ally (working title)
Rainmaker / Mainframe Studios is in need of a talented Storyboard Director on an exciting upcoming TV Series, Fashion Ally (working title). Created by Paula Rosenthal, and Produced by Silvergate Media (known for Sunny Day and Peter Rabbit), this animated series follows a little girl, Ally, in the high fashion world as she makes everything around her a bit brighter, bolder and more brilliant, one design fix at a time.
As the Storyboard Director, you will be responsible for leading the team of artists whose job it is to translate the script into a visual medium.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
– Leads the storyboarding process and manages the team of artists who are responsible for setting up the project’s creative foundation.
– Collaborates with the Executive Producer(s), and Director to plus the script.
– Assigns storyboard sequences and casts storyboard artists based on their strengths and level of expertise. Provides specific instructions for the artists to follow.
– Responsible for overseeing shot and sequence continuity.
-As a veteran storyteller, functions as both a guide and a source of inspiration, creating a nurturing environment where artists feel confident sharing ideas, developing concepts and providing constructive feedback.
– Capable of drawing out the best from the storyboarding team, he/she encourages them to push the creative boundaries.
– Contributes story ideas, using staging, shot composition, screen direction and cutting for effective storytelling.
-Depending on the project’s requirements, the Storyboard Director generates artwork ranging from thumbnails to digitally enhanced final storyboard panels.
– Collaborates with the Director and the Editor to ensure that the storyboard panels read clearly, are well-paced, and engender the appropriate emotional beats.
– Shares storytelling objectives with the Layout Supervisor in order to determine how to best use cinematographic tools for optimal storytelling and smooth transition to 3D.
– Collaborates with the Art Director and management team to ensure all necessary designs are created.
– Reviews storyboard sequences with the goal of optimal entertainment and with a critical eye towards effective and efficient storytelling which adheres to the production’s budget and timeline.
– Collaborates with Producer and HR on managing performance.
– Collaborates with the Production Management team to prioritize work on sequences pending production schedule, fulfilling production schedule requirements on a weekly basis. Liaises with Editorial, Design, Layout, and Animation Department as needed.
– Interprets and implements notes and feedback from the Executive Producer(s) and Director in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
– Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is required.
– 6-10 years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
– Worked on at least 2-3 high-end, television or feature quality productions. Supervisor/Director experience is required.
– Excellent drawing skills with the ability to capture character action, emotion and attitude through storyboard panels.
– Outstanding ability to analyze story structure, track and implement character development and arc.
-Superior knowledge of film grammar, shot composition and cinematographic tools and their use for optimal storytelling.
– Ability to adapt to a variety of styles ranging from cartoony to realistic.
– Advanced knowledge of digital storyboarding tools.
– Exceptional ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely, both verbally and visually.
– Practices attentive and active listening. Shares information, methodologies and ideas with others.
– Ability to collaborate and facilitate feedback requested by executives and/or clients.
– Excellent leadership skills, inspiring the team to work as a cohesive unit and excel in storytelling skills.
– Ability to liaise with production management to define and articulate production requirements.
– Highly motivated, pro-active, solutions-oriented, solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work well under pressure. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
– Exceptional problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively and quickly assimilate new information and adapt as needed.
– Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
Please apply via our website here: http://www.rainmaker.com/?/site/careers/298/17
795 total views, 15 today