Freelance SURFACING ARTIST
DAYWALKER Studios is seeking a Surfacing Artist to join an upcoming full CG feature film production in Cologne. The Surfacing Artist works under the supervision of the Surfacing Supervisor and is responsible for the design of textures / shading of 3D character models, props & sets.
The artist interprets the 2D model packs and creates a 3D representation that meets the technical requirements and the artistic vision established for the project.
– Create UVs, Textures & Shading for characters, props and sets
– Work independently on defined tasks, but in collaboration with artists and supervisors of modeling and lighting during the look development process
– Organize its work and prepare presentation elements for approval
– Minimum 2 years experience as a Surfacing Artist
– Knowledge of industry-standard texture packages such as Mari, Zbrush, Mudbox or 3D Coat
– Knowledge of industry-standard renderer such as Arnold or Vray
– Strong knowledge of Maya
– Knowledge of UV unwrapping techniques
– Advanced Photoshop proficiency
– Have an eye for detail, composition, colors, scales and forms
– Understanding of colorspaces
– Traditional painting/drawing skills are a plus
– Ability to multi-task and prioritize
– Excellent team player with good communication skills
– Excellent file and asset management skills
Since 2005 the DAYWALKER Studios, located in Cologne, has developed and produced animated movies for cinema, TV and industry. In particular 3D-character animation, visual effects (VFX), as well as development of content and formats and cross-medial applications. We are a highly committed Team that works with creativity and passion.
If you are interested, please send your application to:
1001 total views, 18 today